TRC is conducting an operations and maintenance (O&M) training at the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center that will show maintenance supervisors/staff how to save time by proactively addressing maintenance at their site. Attendees will develop an O&M plan specific to their property and an understanding of how to implement the plan.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017, from 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Classroom and hands-on O&M training
- Limited space to 20 students
Nicole Beaulieu, TRC
The training consists of a half-day classroom seminar and a half-day field study site visit at a multifamily property. Prior to the training, Trainer will assist in benchmarking each student’s property. Trainer will interview students to learn system types located at their property and understand typical work day for the student. After each interview, Trainer will create a customizable Operations and Maintenance binder that students can modify for their properties.
As a result of this training students will:
• Learn how to use and maintain the O&M binder documents
• Learn how to use benchmarking to monitor building energy use and to identify systems and equipment that need commissioning
• Learn how to identify opportunities to reduce energy use and how to implement system and equipment updates
• Receive hands-on experience with common systems, and learn how to review operating conditions and adjust set point controls to maximize efficiency
• Learn to identify performance of building equipment and establish a process for preventive maintenance to ensure maximum system performance
Bill Eckman is an accomplished energy auditor and project manager, with over 15 years of experience serving the single family, multifamily, and commercial construction sector. He has developed a number of operational protocols, energy auditing procedures, installation standards, and quality assurance procedures for multifamily energy efficiency retrofit projects. On behalf of the EnergySmart Academy Bill Eckman administers the Building Operator Certification training program and serves as an instructor in Lighting, Low-cost/No-cost Operational Improvements, and Operations and Maintenance.
SDG&E Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92117
8:00 AM check-in, breakfast and lunch provided